GP Referral is a specific and formalised programme whereby a medical professional refers a patient to a fitness programme. So if you’ve been recommend by your GP to exercise in order to improve a medical condition then our team can help.
• Assess, monitor and manage risk to clients arising from exercise participation throughout the referral period;
• Analyse information relating to individual clients with regard to safe and effective programme design;
Identify, agree and review short, medium and long term goals to ensure the effectiveness of exercise programmes;
• Promote a range of physical activity opportunities in accordance with the needs and health status of the clients;
• Tailor progressive exercise appropriate to the medical condition using results from the physical/exercise assessments, medical information, national guidelines and client goals and objectives;
• Develop and apply strategies to motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme during the referral period;
• Keep up to date with health and fitness industry developments and exercise guidelines for medical conditions;
• Make the appropriate decisions relating to clients, where required, refer the client to a more appropriate professional.
Exercise Referral Instructors are aware of their professional role boundaries and are able to support clients with the following medical conditions:
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Simple mechanical back pain
Psychological/Mental Health Conditions
Diabetes Type I and Type 2
Contacting Full Circle Fitness (Southern)
Please complete the contact form below with your enquiry, and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
SIGN UP NOW!